Marlow Methodist Church
Sharing God's Love
We are proud to be linked to the national affiliation of churches that is Churches Together in Great Britain & Ireland.
Marlow Methodist Church wholeheartedly support CTM's principle objective "to work together, so that the name of Jesus may be honoured and his Kingdom advanced in our local community".
Our Church participates in all of the regular ongoing CTM activities throughout the year. These are:-
- The international Week of Prayer for Christian Unity www.geii.org, held 18 - 25th January.
- Women's World Day of Prayer www.wwdp.org.uk/ , on the first Friday of March.
- Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day - a great favourite !
- Good Friday Walk of Witness and accompanying services that morning.
- Christian Aid Week www.christianaid.org.uk/christian-aid-week , mid May.
- Love Marlow www.lovemarlow.co.uk , leading up to Marlow Regatta Weekend in June.
- Lighthouse Marlow Christian Holiday Club for Children www.lighthousemarlow.com , first week of summer school holiday.
- Praying Together, approximately quarterly in each other’s churches and when other CTM events are not taking place.
An intiative of Churches Together in Marlow is 'Love Marlow'. By promoting kindness, volunteering and working together our aim is a community where all are valued and welcomed, residents feel cared for and businesses thrive.
Do you want to organise an event for the 2019 LOVE Marlow Festival - 1st to 16th June?
The deadline for submitting event proposals is 3rd April 2019.
Select image to enlarge
Love Marlow Cycle Ride, organised by The Rotary Club and Churches Together.
The Love Marlow festival in 2018 was 1st -17th June
The programme had almost 50 different events. Lots for everyone of all ages. Here’s some examples of some of the action:
select an image to enlarge it
Longridge Activity Centre. Once again Longridge offered a range of adventurous activities for kids - at special prices ! Bookings could be made at: alfvillages.cinolla.com ...
The Longridge programme started with Kayaking on 4 Jun 18 followed by paddle-boarding, laser tag, canoeing & much more !
Kid’s Cycle Ride - 9 Jun 18
at the SAS Estate on Henley Rd.
Age group 6 - 12 yrs. Registration was in advance and the start was at the SAS Building at 10.30am that morning. Prize-giving at 12.00pm.
Open Air Church Service in Higginson Park
10.30am on Sunday 17 Jun 18. For all the family
Come rain or shine, it’s always a grand celebration !
The Love Marlow website is at www.lovemarlow.co.uk where there is lots more information in the run up to the festival each year.
The Love Marlow Festival 2017 video below, from www.lovemarlow.co.uk, explains more.
This page is regularly updated, please select here to view the latest version.